Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Keep going with the research!

I don't post very often like I should. But I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone out there for the encouraging email messages and phone calls.

A recent blog would like to picture me as an attention grabber. On the contrary, for the most part I keep to myself with the exception of a few very close friends in the research. In all honesty, the media for the most part comes looking for YOU when something interesting is going on. The bad part is they typically come looking for you so they can poke fun at the subject and the person or persons involved.

Sasquatch Watch of VA, as many already know, along with 4 other Bigfoot research groups recently had an expedition in VA. It was a huge success! No...hard evidence was not discovered. The success was having 5 different groups from 5 different states (over 30+ participants) all come together for one common goal...research of the mysterious being we all call Bigfoot or Sasquatch.

I don't go out looking for national press releases, I don't put Halloween costumes in freezers stuffed with possum guts and call it Bigfoot, I don't run around the nation with a bear paw in a jar and call it a Bigfoot hand and I most certainly don't go around excavating Native American burial grounds and claim finds of a Bigfoot body.

I am honestly just a common man with a goal. My goal is to try to prove once and for all that all the people who have seen this being...be vindicated. Many of them have suffered ridicule for speaking about their encounters. It's time for them to have the last laugh.

We...the many Bigfoot research groups out there...are hitting the woods doing the best we can. We are not "experts", we are just plain human beings doing the best we can with what we have. There is no money in this research (unless someone knows something I don't). No one is becoming a millionaire doing this...well, no one that's legitimate anyway.

My point is this. I'm a really easy person to get along with. If you have a question, email me. It may take me a while to answer you due to my other family and business obligations, but I will answer you.

Thanks to all the supporters out there.

Billy Willard
Sasquatch Watch of VA

1 comment:

Captain Steve Monk said...

Billy,

I have never thought of you as being a person who just seeks attention. Whoever made that accusation is simply off base with reality. You are one of the most dedicated researchers I know of. Thanks for all that you have done for us in this business of trying to prove the existence of these creatures. Please keep up the good work.